Tuesday 13 October 2015

Film: Into The Forest
Director: Peter Sollett
Cast: Ellen Page, Evan Rachel Wood.
Release: 2015

KAEB Rating: 6.5/10

I recently had the pleasure of attending the Busan International Film Festival in South Korea. While I was disheartened at the lack of gory Zombie movies, I did catch Into The Forest directed by Peter Sollett, starring Ellen Page and Evan Rachel Wood. Despite the absence of our flesh-hungry friends I felt the movie was worth a mention here and I do recommend seeing it should the opportunity arise.

It's a solid movie following a father and his two daughters. When power plants across the United States begin to shut down for no apparent reason, the family is thrust into a world without energy and forced to overcome the obstacles that brings, along with the rising dangers of such a situation.

The movie displayed some fantastic acting and decent direction, presenting many themes of the apocalypse genre; the main criticism being it gripped too tightly to the genre, making much of the film predictable. While I doubt that fact alone would ruin many movie goers experience, I however watch far too many apocalypse and zombie movies and had the plot foreshadowing slap me in the face every five minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment